Apple iOS13 new features extend iPhone battery life:
Popularity: 2553 [Size] Tai Zhong small
Updated: 2019-011-17 6:56 AM Tags : iOS 13 , iPhone battery , battery life
[Epoch Times, June 13, 2019] (Epoch Times reporter Xia Yu comprehensive report) Apple recently released the latest iOS 13, this software update includes a feature that can extend the life of the iPhone battery . This feature is very important to the user.
Apple released the latest operating system iOS 13 at the WWDC 2019 conference. Although it introduced a number of new key features, some features were not mentioned in the conference, including Apple’s ability to add slow charging mode to iOS 13.
People want to keep their phones for longer, usually for three to four years instead of every two years. But when the phone battery ages, the battery begins to lose its ability to hold power, meaning that battery life begins to get worse.
This feature of iOS 13 is called “optimizing battery charging” and can reduce the time it takes for the battery to fully charge. Apple explained on the iOS 13 website: This feature enters a slow state of charge by understanding the user’s daily habits to determine when the user’s iPhone is charging more than 80%. This feature will reduce battery aging and prevent the iPhone from charging more than 80% when not needed.
If there is a high temperature problem, the system may stop charging at 80% charge.
Apple introduced a battery replacement program in 2018 after the company was criticized for slowing down the old iPhone to maintain battery performance. Since then, Apple has added an option to allow users to see if their battery is running at maximum capacity. If not, the user can let Apple replace the battery.
The new iOS 13 has been improved based on this, and built-in features help users manage battery life from the start.
The new feature, “Optimize Battery Charging,” will be available for the iPhone in the fall of iOS 13 this fall, but will be available for developers to test before the public preview next month. The CNBC Finance website recently published a new feature based on the iOS 13 developer preview.
Apple’s battery site explains that the iPhone’s internal lithium-ion battery can charge up to 80% quickly. The remaining 20% use “choke charging” (slow charging mode) to “reduce current and extend battery life.”
New features in iOS 13 will prevent the phone from charging to 100% and activate trickle charging. Therefore, if you usually remove the iPhone from the charger at 6 am, the feature will complete the last 20% charge before this time, instead of trying to charge the iPhone to 100% that night.
This will reduce the aging of the iPhone battery and allow the user to use the iPhone for optimal performance and maximum battery capacity. In short, this is good news for anyone who wants to have a mobile phone for years without having to change batteries.